One bowl , Easy to Whip , No mixer super easy chocolate cake
Baking is a therapy to heal the soul. I truly believe in that. Whenever I feel low baking makes me feel so better. On days u feel very low but still lazy to bake something , this recipe comes handy to heal you as well as satisfy your cravings.
Chocolate is always love. Flavor love and love and love only…. I baked this cake for my kids who were craving something chocolatey and I whipped it up in just 5 mins because all the ingredients are easily available at home. This chocolate is so moist and it remains the same for 2 days in room temperature. I personally felt the cake becomes extra moist the next day.
Off to the recipe,
- Flour – 1 cup
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder – 6 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Egg – 1
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Coffee – 1/2 cup (1/2 tsp instant coffee powder brewed in 1/2 cup boiling water
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
FOR THE GANACHE :
- Thick cream – 1 packet
- Chocolate – 25 gms (any)
- Nutella – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbspn
- Milk – 1 tbspn (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degree for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl add 1 cup flour, 1 cup of powdered sugar,6 tsp cocoa, a pinch salt, 1/2 tsp of baking powder, 1 tsp of baking soda and give a stir.
- To the above dry ingredients , make a well and add 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla essence, 1/4 cup oil, 1/2 cup milk and mix well with a whisk.
- To this mix, add 1/2 cup of hot coffee. Thats it.
- Pour it to a well greased square 8*8 inch mould and bake at 180 degrees for 25-40 mins depending upon the time levels of your oven.
- Allow it to cool .
To make the ganache,
- In a microwave safe bowl , add 1 packet thick cream , 25 gms chocolate( i used dairy milk) , 2 tbsp nutella and microwave on for 1.5 minutes.
- Alternatively you can also heat in a pan.
- To this, add 1 tbsp of oil and 1 tbsp of milk (optional to make it a semi thick consistency. And mix well.
- Pour the ganache over the cooled cake allow it to set for a minimum of 15 – 30 minutes. Decorate it to your choice . Serve.
Love and Regards,