Aloo Paneer Gravy
Creamy veg gravy in a combination of potatoes and cottage cheese with a flavor of mint
Here I am back to blogging after a short break . And that too back with a bang!!!! It is going to rain recipes here on…. Expect the Unexpected.. A bombardment of simple, easy and yummy recipes..Wooohoooo!!!
I had been away from my blog baby for quite some reasons and I would love to thank all my dearest readers who kept on constantly asking and reminding me to come back sooon. Thank you all,,, Thanks a lott..
This is a recipe request by my dear friend who asked me to post the recipes of some simple gravies which can be had with rotis . It is the roti routine for most of us for dinner at home and here I am with a simple , creamy veg gravy that accompanies the roti of your choice very well. Paneer has been in stock in my freezer for quite some time and I did not want to make the usual paneer butter gravy. I wanted the gravy to be simple yet flavorful. I also wanted some other veggie along with Paneer in my gravy. That was how the Aloo paneer gravy was born in Cuizine de Haza kitchen. Thanks to my dear taste tester husband who is the real criticizer for all my recipes . He equally appreciates and complements me in my cooking while constructively criticizing me for all the flop trials which I have made and that is what, which keeps me going.
Off to the recipe,
- Potato parboiled – 1 cut into cubes
- Paneer – 1 cup cut into cubes
To marinate paneer and potato seperately:
- Yoghurt – 2 tbspn
- Salt – As needed
- Turmeric powder – A pinch
- Pepper powder -1/2 tsp
- Garlic – 1 chopped
- Green chilly – 1 chopped
- Coriander leaves – a few
For the gravy:
- 1. Cinnamon – 2
- 2. Cardamom – 1
- 3. Cloves – 3
- 4. Oil – 3 tbspn+ 3 tbspn
- 5. Salt – To taste
- 6. Turmeric powder -1/2 tspn
- 7. Coriander powder – 1.5 tsp
- 8. Chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- 9. Garlic – 4 cloves
- 10. Chilly – 4
- 11. Coriander leaves – a fistful
- 12. Mint leaves – a fistful
- 13. Onion -1 cut into chunks
- 14. Tomato – 1 cut into chunks
- 15. Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- 16. Yoghurt – 2 tsp
- 17. Water – 1 cup
- Marinate paneer with all the ingredients under “To marinate” and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Parboil potato in boiling water for a few minutes, drain the excess water and marinate with all the ingredients under “To marinate” and set aside for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes roast the potato in a non stick pan adding a few drops of oil and set aside.
For the gravy
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in the same pan that potatoes was roasted. Add 4 garlic cloves , 4 green chillies , coriander leaves, mint leaves and saute well.
- Add the powders one by one and stir well until cooked.
- Add onion, tomato, fennel seeds and fry well until cooked. Allow it to cool.
- Grind this to a smooth paste adding 2 tbspn of yoghurt and 1 cup of water.
- Heat a kadai, splutter 1 cardamom, 3 cloves and 2 cinnamon. Add the ground paste and let it cook until bubbles appear.
- Add the marinated paneer, close with a lid and cook until bubbles appear.
- Now add in the pan roasted potatoes and give it a stir.
- Garnish with slit green chillies optional and serve it with triangle paratha.
Love and Regards,