Baked Dates Pudding
(Dates based baked dessert)
It’s May 10, and time for MFB challenge. It has been a hectic schedule and was unable to participate in the MFB challenges for the past two months. But not this time, Here I am with my recipe,
Baked Dates Pudding.
This is a baked version of a dates based dessert which can be baked in oven as well as stove top. A really amazing, melt in mouth kinda texture with all the goodness of dates and coconut hidden in every bite of each square of the dessert. This is a ramadan special recipe which was shared to me by Zeeba Shajir, my dear “Zeetha” how I call her. Such a sweet character, though we have not met each other, I feel we share something in common that bonds us both.
This recipe was given to us for an event in our Food and Food Group. A Snack Along event which was conducted where both me and Zeetha were the hosts. We loved and enjoyed hosting the event. It required us both to give 2 recipes, one sweet and savory. The savory version was done by me wheras the sweet version was done by Zeetha. A yummilicious recipe which you have to taste it to believe it.
I wish to share the collage of all the 19 tried clicks of the Snack Along Event,
I choose this recipe for the MFB challenge because, it is such a easy,quick to make , yummy in the tummy as well as a crowd pleaser recipe in any of the iftar parties for its mildly sweet and the melt in mouth texture.
I am including a click of the pudding baked by Zeeba Shajir,
Off to the recipe,
- Dates – 1 cup
- Sugar * – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 2 cups
- Rusk powder – 1.5 cups
- Eggs -3
- Butter – 3 tbspn
- Coconut – 1 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Wash, deseed and drain the dates. Pulse it in a mixer grinder just until it becomes a coarse mixture.
- In a bowl, beat butter and sugar until soft and combined.
- Next add in the eggs one by one, and beat till combined.
- Now add in all the ingredients one by one and combine well.
- Lastly add in milk and mix well. Batter is ready.
- Bake the batter in a preheated oven at 180 degrees untill done. (30 -45 minutes. Baking time may vary depending on the oven).
- Alternatively you can pour the batter in a non stick vessel and cook on stove top in a low flame until done.
- Cut into squares and serve as it is or with the topping of your choice.