(One syrup that can make 3 drinks and many more recipes to come)
Lover of beets??? Then this one is right for you. Fussy eating kids?? Then this is the syrup apt for you.Today, I am here with a syrup that can make 3 different type of drinks instantly, that too healthy and easy drinks. I also wanted to post this now because it is Ramadan and making this syrup once can make 3 different type of instant drinks in a jiffy . Above all, this syrup is a 3 ingredient syrup which is as easy as 1-2-3.
1 syrup- 3 drinks. Beetroot milk, Beetroot rose milk and Beetroot milkshake.
Many more recipes to come… Would love to call this the pinky syrup or the magic syrup.. Hehe…I am not exaggerating.. U need to try it to know how tasty and easy it is.This syrup needs to be refrigerated and can be refrigerated upto 2 weeks in a container or a bottle.This recipe was shared to me by my dear aunt – my imichi(my mom’s sissy.)The beetroot milk made of this syrup is a personal favorite of my kids who call it the pink juice. They just love this drink.
Off to the recipe,
- Beetroot – 250 g / 1 big size
- Sugar – 250 g/ 1 cup
- Water -1/2 cup+( Water enough to cover the beetroot(approximately 1 cup).)
(You can also double the recipe)
- Chop the beetroot into bite size chunks.
- Add the beetroot in a cooker and cover it with water just enough to cover the beets.
- Pressure cook for 4-5 whistles. Set aside. Let it cool.
- Make sugar syrup by adding sugar and water(1/2 cup) in a pan and keep stirring until the syrup is formed.Let it cool.
- Now blend together the cooked beets and the sugar syrup.
- Store in a sterile container upto 2 weeks in a refrigerator.
- Enjoy awesome recipes which will be posted back to back.
Love and Regards,