Layers of hide and seek biscuit sandwiched in between alternate creamy broken matta rice sauce topped with caramel.
Yes!!! A blog post after ages…..And lack of post was due to a million reasons. Now I am back to blogging and this time Back with a Bang!!!!!!!!
I have a news, this is my 100th blogpost. And this dish deserves to be on my blog as the 100 th post for a great reason. Wanna know y? Keep reading…..
This dish was made by me for a video shoot as a part of a contest in which I won. The ingredient was given to me before hand. I had to decide what has to be made with that ingredient. Guess what? The ingredient was nothing but, Broken Matta Rice. The condition that I was given was I could make anything except Rice porridge. 😉 I was totally stuck. I dint know what to make that was when my husband banged me with the idea of making a dessert for the video. Omg! I was soo happy and my mind was jumping out of joy with a million ideas on what and how to do.
I worked for nearly a week on what and how this can be done. My mind was full of ideas . And at last my Broken Matta Rice Caramel shots was born.
Off to the recipe,
Serves : 8-10
- Broken Matta Rice – 3/4 cup + 1 tbpn
- Coconut Milk – 1.5 – 2 cups
- Condensed Milk – 3/4 tin
- Vanilla essence – 2 tspn
- Butter – 50 gms
- Hide and Seek Biscuits – 2 pkts crushed
- Almonds – 1/2 cup crushed/sliced
- Sugar – 4 tbspn + 4 tbspn (for garnish)
- Chocolate/Caramel Sauce – 2 tsp per serving (Optional)
- Pressure cook the broken matta rice with 1.5 cups of coconut milk for 5-6 whistles.
- Once the pressure is released, open the lid. If the sauce is thick, add 1/2 cup of coconut milk and stir. Slowly stir in the 3/4 tin of condensed milk and make a creamy sauce. Allow it to cool.
- Fry the crushed hide and seek biscuits and almonds in butter.
- Caramelize the 4 tbspn of sugar, add 2 tbspn of broken matta rice. Give a stir and allow it to cool on a greased aluminium foil. Give a pulse in the blender. Set aside.
- Caramelize the remaining 4 tbspn of sugar and make patterns with it on a greased aluminum foil for garnish.
ASSEMBLY IN SHOT GLASSES:
- Layer 1 – Add the butter fried hide and seek biscuits and almonds.
- Layer 2 – Drizzle chocolate/caramel sauce all over.
- Layer 3 – Pour a scoop each of the coconut milk broken matta rice sauce.
- Repeat the layers until the shot glasses are filled. Garnish with the caramel rice and caramel patterns.
ENJOY AS IT IS OR CHILLED IN REFRIGERATOR.
LOVE AND REGARDS,