(Simple, buttery and delicious cake)
“Pat a cake, pat a cake , bakers man
Bake me a cake as fast as you can.”
How about a yummy slice of butter cake while sipping your evening cup of chai?
Heavenly…. That is how i feeeeeel.
My dad is such a great fan of this spongy, yummy, butter cake that he brings it from the famous bakery in my hometown every week or sometimes even twice a week. And me and my brother would wait to get our own share of cake for the evening snack. Yum myy…Mission accomplished!!!
Days passed by munching on the bakery made cake and we were quite satisfied eating them. That was when the cake baking trend emerged and everyone whom i knew was on a baking spree that they wanted to learn baking and it was so quick that all of them learnt baking and started their own baking business. I was no exception. I too learnt baking and started baking my own cakes. But starting a baking business like my fellow friends is still a dream . 😛 😉
I bake my own cakes now , and that gives me great satisfaction and that was when my mom passed me this super easy recipe and i guarantee u its a no fail recipe. Now,I use this soft butterly delicious cake recipe as my basic sponge cake to do icing and decorate as well.
Off to the recipe,
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Butter softened – 50 grams
- Milk/Butter milk- 200 ml
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – 1.5 tsp
- Egg – 1
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- In a mixing bowl, cream together softened butter and powdered sugar. Add egg , beating until fluffy. Add milk and essence, beating well. Stir in remaining ingredients and beat until thorougly blended. Pour mixture into a well greased 9 inch round baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30-35 minutes or untill a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean.
- For best results, keep the egg out of your refrigerator few minutes before baking and bring it to room temperature.
- The butter has to be softened to room temperature and not melted.
- To avoid hassles in taking out your cake from the pan, i strongly recommend the use of baking paper because i always have trouble taking out the pan.
Enjoy your butter cake with family and friends.