Cheesy Aloo Gobi
Cheesy Aloo Gobi Masala Dosa
(Traditional South Indian Dosa filled with potato and cauliflower masala topped with mozarella cheese)
Have breakfast like a king!!!!!
This recipe was developed for a cook along in my dear whatsapp group “Food and Food Only”. The Treasure Cook Along was an exciting experience. We were a group of 25 participants and 3 ingredients were given. They were, Potato, Cauliflower and Cheese. A specific date was given and our imaginations were allowed to run wild. OMG!! The two weeks of waiting for the date was really an exciting journey. First of all, it was what would we make for the cook along. All the given 3 ingredients should be in our dish as well as our dish should be something that was worth prize winning. Many categories were there like Top Scorer, Best Photography, Best Recipe, Best Presentation . The twist was that we had 3 judges in the group itself which was really a surprise . The second thing was that, once our dishes were done, it was really interesting and exciting to wait for the date so as to know what would others have in store for the cook along. Atlast THE DATE- february 10 was there so soon and speechless, the variants were too much that my expectations of winning a prize flew away from my mind. Especially the INDO MEXICAN TACOS by Zeeba really caught my attention. It was too good . A loot more which was fantastic, filled the group inbox. Each dishes were astonishing and amazing. DONE!!!
Next was the prize announcement, which was also a suspense filled journey . Cant stop telling I did not win any prizes but I got a great experience as well as I was so self satisfied with my dish which I developed for the interesting cook along.Also the prize for the best dish was for my favorite- INDO MEXICAN TACOS. It was One of the best events I have ever participated. Finally ended up making a loot of friends who participated in the event.
Coming to the cheesy aloo gobi masala dosa,
This is a super tasty,aromatic, flavorful and filling breakfast.
Off to the recipe,
For the Dosa:
- Dosa batter – To make 6 dosas
For the Masala:
- Potato – 1 boiled and mashed
- Cauliflower* – 1 cup chopped
- Mozarella cheese – 2-3 tbspn per dosa
- Onion – 1/2 chopped
- Ginger – 1 inch piece chopped
- Garlic – 3 cloves chopped
- Green chilly – 1 chopped
- Capsicum – 1/2 chopped
- Spring onion – 1 green shot chopped (to garnish)
- Oil – 3 tbspn
- Soya sauce – 1/4 tbspn
- Hot/ Chilly sauce – 1/2 tbspn
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
- Salt – As needed
- Oil/Ghee – As needed to drizzle all over the dosa.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add ginger , garlic, green chilly and fry on medium heat for a few minutes.
- To this, add turmeric powder, soya sauce, chilly sauce, sugar and saute well.Now add the cauliflower florets and saute till the sauce coats the capsicum well. Add the capsicum and fry on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the mashed potatoes. Stir well and garnish with spring onions.
- Heat an iron dosa tawa, spread oil/ ghee swirl the dosa batter on the tawa. Drizzle oil/ ghee to crisp the dosa.
- Spread masala all over the dosa. Cover and cook for 2- 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese all over. Fold to the shape of your choice.
Serve with chutney/ sambhar/ sauce of your choice.
Indulge in your cheeezyyyyy,,,king size breakfast.!!!!!!