(Deep fried chicken rolled and shaped like a honey bee)
Mistook it for real???? Heheee… It is edible honey bee. Scroll down for recipe.
Honeybee is a deep fried appetizer made with boneless chicken. I feel this is the most easiest of all of the variety snack recipes and a show stealer recipe in any of the gatherings. No hassle, easy , crispy and yummy of all of the appetizers. Chicken is grounded with spices and then rolled and shaped into cylinders. Rolled with coloured dough and deep fried in oil. That’s it.. Your crunchy, munchy, yummy chicken honey bee is ready to be munched on.
This is the savory recipe which I gave my dear group mates for the savory snack along recipe. I had 20 tried clicks and the best part is , all were so happy with the recipe for 2 reasons, one for it’s ease of being made and the other, for it’s crispy, crunchy taste. Happy me and happy team!!!!!! I am also including a collage of all the tried clicks of the honeybee.
Off to the recipe,
For the dough:
- Maida – 1/2 cup
- Oil – a few drops
- Salt – As needed
- Water -1/4 – 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder/ Yellow food color – 1/4 tsp
For the balls:
- Chicken boneless – 300 g
- Chilly – 4
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbspn chopped
- Curry leaves – 1 spring
- Garlic -4 cloves
- Ginger – small piece
- Shallots – 8
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala -3/4 tsp
- Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder -1 tbspn
- Salt – As needed
- Lemon – 1 squeezed
- Oil – As needed
- Make a smooth dough with all the ingredients listed under “For the dough”.
- Flatten the dough and cut into thin strips.
- Grind together in a blender, all the ingredients listed under”For the balls”.
- Make small size cylindrical balls.
- Wrap the chicken balls with the strips in the shape of a honey bee.
- Deep fry in oil.
** Let your imaginations run wild. You can make honeybee s wings with the dough and deep fry to attract your guests.
Your honey bee is ready to be munched upon with the favorite dip of your choice. Serve hot.
Love and regards,