Chilly Gobi (Dry)
(Crispy, Deep fried cauliflower florets- MOM’S MAGIC)
Today, I am here with a mom’s magic recipe. My ever time favorite since childhood, which is never perfect wen I make. But this photoshoot is entirely my mom’s preparation, her recipe only photoshoot and the gobbling up done by me. HEHEHEHE!!!
If you have read my previous post on Carrot Orange Mint Refresher, I had told you that I would tell my readers about why I was away from blogging for nearly 1.5 months. Yes, I have been spending some quality time with my family, parents bro and his wife. Mostly my parents. They were here for a month and it was full of fun and enjoyment. Had a wonderful time. My kids enjoyed the most with their grandparents and uncle and aunt. It was a full bzy bzy time . Though I did not blog, I had not forgotten my blog baby. I was doing the photoshoots of all the delicacies that my mom prepared for us, to share it with you all my dear readers. So , I am once again back to blogging.
Coming to the recipe,
Cauliflower florets are first blanched,marinated and refrigerated for minimum of an hour and then deep fried.
Off to the recipe,
- Cauliflower – 500 g(cut into small florets and blanched)
- Salt – As needed
- Lemon – 1 squeezed
- Chilly powder – 2 tbspn
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbspn
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Corn flour – 1 cup
- Egg – 1
- Chilly Sauce -2 tbspn
- Red color -1 tsp
- Soya sauce -1/2 tsp
- Oil – To deep fry
- Blanch the cauliflower in salty hot water to get rid of the insects and worms by boiling water adding salt and once boiled, add the cauliflower florets, off the stove and close with a lid . Let it rest for 10-15 minutes and drain them in a colander.
- Make a thick marinade of all the ingredients from 2- 11 (salt to soya sauce).
- Add the blanched cauliflower to the marinade. Mix well . Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour. For best results, marinate overnight.
- Deep fry.
- Garnish with onion rings, lemon wedges and coriander leaves(optional).
- Serve hot for crispiness as an appetizer or as a side dish for the roti of your choice.
- Gobble up all……. 😉