A mint flavored rice cooked to perfection in coconut milk.
“COCOMICHO” as my husband called it when I asked him to suggest a name for my rice. If you know Malayalam you would know – Chor stands for rice and that’s how this name was born for this dish. My entire house smells fantastic when I cook this rice , as the mint flavored rice is simmered in coconut milk. Made with minimal ingredients – no much of chopping and sautéing, it is easy to cook for a perfect lunch or when you have to pack in tiffen box.
Adding vegetables is completely your choice, you can add in veggies of your choice . But I need to say – This rice tastes fantastic even without any vegetables.
Off to the recipe,
- 1. Basmati rice – 1 cup (Washed and Drained)
- 2. Salt – To taste
- 3. Green chillies – 2 slit
- 4. Gingergarlic paste – 1 tsp
- 5. Mint – a fistful
- 6. Coconut Milk – 2 cups
- 7. Corn kernels – 1/2 cup (optional any vegetables of your choice)
- 8. Oil – 1 tbspn
- 9.Ghee/Butter – 1 tbspn
- 10. Bayleaf – 1
- 11. Cardamom – 1
- 12. Cinnamon – 1 small piece
- 13. Cloves – 1
- Heat a nonstick pan, Add in oil and ghee. Throw in the whole spices (bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves).
- Add the green chillies, ginger garlic paste, mint leaves and saute. If you are adding vegetables add at this stage.
- Add salt, rice and give a stir.
- Pour in the coconut milk and let it boil . Cook until done.
- Serve with any gravies or soya fry.
Love and Regards,