Coconut Milk Caramel
Coconut Milk Caramel Shake
Caramel!!!!!!Yumm,.. That is how i feel when i smell caramel.The caramel reminds me of the candy wrapped in a yellow colored wrapper “Lacto King”which we used to get in my childhood days. Sweeet memories.. I wonder if the Lacto King is still available.Love that flavour. My husband loves coconut milk in any form be it in puddings or even curries. That is how the Coconut Milk caramel shake was born in my kitchen for Cuizine de Haza. Its a great summer drink as well as a great welcome drink for your guests.
The recipe is simple.
For the Shake,
- Thin Coconut milk – 2 cups
- Sugar – 4 tsp
- Milk powder – 2 tbspn
- Vanilla ice cream – 4 big scoops
To garnish and decorate,
- Vanilla ice cream – 1 scoop per glass
- Caramel coated coconut flakes- 1 tbspn
- Caramel Syrup – Sufficient to coat the serving glass
- Blend together all the ingredients listed under””For the Shake” until fluffy and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.Meanwhile make the caramel coated coconut flakes and caramel syrup .
- To make the caramel coated coconut flakes, heat a nonstick pan, on low heat add 1 tsp sugar , stir in between and caramelize until golden brown. Add 1 tbspn of coconut flakes to the caramelized sugar and stir until the flakes are coated with the caramel syrup , remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- To make the caramel syrup, heat the same nonstick pan used to make the caramel coated coconut flakes, add 4 tsp of sugar and caramelize until golden brown.
- Coat the serving glass with the caramel syrup and wait a few minutes until it becomes crystalized.
- Pour the coconut milk caramel shake to the serving glass, top with vanilla ice cream and serve immediately.
- Serve immediately to attract your guests so that the caramel doesnot get melted and the double colored combo of the white and caramel drink will be visible.
- After the shake is served, stir gently so that the flavor of caramel gets infused to the coconut milk and there the magic flavor is created.
Enjoy ur glass of cold coconut milk caramel shake!!!
See you all again with another dish from Cuizine de Haza.