One magic masala and unlimited snacks
One easy to make spicy snack filling which can be used to make a variety of snacks..
Ramadan is here.. And this is the time we make snacks for iftar. But spending a lot of time in kitchen?? No.. I am totally against it. I do not like spending a lot of time in kitchen. So here we are at Cuizine de Haza with one easy to prepare snack filling which can be used to prepare infinite number of snacks, probably one single filling can be used to make snacks throughout the entire month. The greatest advantage is that the same can be made by substituting beef with chicken.
You can make samosas, rolls, cutlets, meat box, chattipathri, sandwiches and the list goes on. So without too much of bragging , Here I go.
Off to the recipe,
- Beef/ Mutton – 250 g boneless
- Salt – As needed
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Water – 1.5 – 2 cups
FOR THE MASALA
- 1. Coconut oil – 2 tbspn
- 2. Salt – As needed
- 3. Onion – 3 chopped
- 4. Curry leaves – A few
- 5. Green chilly – 3 chopped
- 5. Ginger – 1 tbspn chopped
- 6. Coriander leaves – a fistful chopped.
- Marinate the beef/mutton with all the ingredients under “For Marination”. Add water and pressure cook for 4-5 whistles. Open the lid and cook further until the beef becomes dry. Pulse the beef in a mixer grinder 2 – 3 times until the meat is shredded.
- In the same pressure pan, pour coconut oil . Add onion, curry leaves, green chilly, ginger , salt and saute until the raw smell goes away.
- Add the cooked and shredded beef . Mix well. Garnish with loads of coriander leaves. Filling is ready.
Use the filling to make the snack of your choice.
Make ahead and keep in refrigerator for upto a week.
Freeze it for nearly a month. Defreeze and use whenever needed.
Easy Snack Making. Ramadan Kareem.
Love and Regards,