Spicy chutney made with onion/shallots and red chilly powder
One simple but powerful chutney which gives me a lotttt of nostalgic memories of my childhood. This side dish/chutney is also called as Gandhiiii . No idea on why it is called so . Heehee… This is my Grandmother’s recipe which is of the typical Palakkadan Style. This is a spicy chutney made with shallots or one small onion which goes perfectly well with Idly and Dosa. Idly with this chutney is match made in heaven when combined with the white coconut chutney.
Off to the recipe,
- Onion – 1 (small) or Shallots (10-15)
- Salt – To taste
- Red chilly powder – 2 tsp(Adjust according to taste)
- Kashmiri Chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Green chilly – 1
- Coconut oil – 3 tsp+1 tsp
- Water – a few drops (just to grind)
- Add onion/shallots, salt, red chilly powder 2 tsp, kashmiri chilly powder 1 tsp, curry leaves, green chilly 1 , coconut oil 3 tsp and water a few drops in the small jar of a mixie.
- Pulse , Pulse , Pulse until until you get the desired consistency.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl and drizzle 1 tsp of coconut oil all over the spicy chutney.
- Serve with Idly/Dosa.
Enjoy your Breakfast/Dinner with the Spicy Red Chutney. Goes well with Vada also.
Love and Regards,