Pacha Manga curry
Pacha Manga Curry/ Raw mango Curry
(A spicy and sour curry made of Raw mangoes)
THANI NADAN SERIES #11
If you have been a regular follower of Cuizine de Haza, you will be very familiar with the fish mango curry posted. Pacha Manga Curry is nothing but the vegetarian version of the Fish Mango Curry. This curry can be a perfecto for your lunch meal coz, it is a perfect balance of the blend between spice and sour. If the Pacha Manga curry is there for lunch, I just cant stop counting the number of rice servings I make for myself coz I am such an ardent fan of this curry. This curry was introduced to me by my husband, the recipe credits entirely to my HD. I simply love it to the core, even to watch the way how he prepares it. He just mixes all the veggies with his hands as he strongly believes that , only when we use the hand to mix them, the mango will release it's perfect flavor. A small confession , I have to make to my dear readers that, the photos of this curry is more than 1 year old. I had done the photoshoots earlier, when I neither owned a camera nor a better phone. I had clicked this, with the help of the Ipad that my brother gave me. So kindly bear with me for the reduction in quality of the images during my learning process.
Off to the recipe,
- Raw mango - 3 small sliced
- Onion - 1 sliced
- Shallots - 10 sliced
- Ginger - 1 inch piece sliced
- Chilly powder - 4 tsp
- Coriander powder - 3 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Thin coconut milk - 2 cups
- Thick coconut milk - 1 cup
- Green chilly - 6 sliced
- Vinegar -1 tsp
- Salt - As needed
- Coconut oil - 2 tbspn
- Shallots - 5 sliced
- Curry leaves - a few
- To a claypot or manchatty, add 3 mango , 1 onion , 10 shallots, ginger, chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, green chilly , vinegar and salt.
- Rub or mix well with your hands (for a better flavor). Let the flavors set in for a minimum of 10-30 mins.(You can even cook them without the set in time.)
- To this mix, add 2 cups of thin coconut milk and cook covered for 10-15 minutes or until the veggies get cooked and mangoes are done. (Take care not to overcook the mangoes).
- Now add the thick coconut milk, give a stir without disturbing the mangoes and cook for a few more minutes .(Take care the thick coconut milk is not over boiled.)
The seasoning part is completely optional. Seasoning adds more special flavor to the mango curry.
TO season- Heat coconut oil in a pan, throw in the shallots and curry leaves and fry them until brown. Pour this hot seasoning to the raw mango curry. (I did not season the curry)
Serve with plain rice, dosa, idly, appam..
Heavenly meal combo is ready to be devoured in..
Love and Regards,