Strawberry flavored smooth velvet cake
Off late, I am posting many baked goodies at CuizinedeHaza because my mom was here with me last month and she has been baking many cakes to make me and my kids fully happy. We just love her soft, moist and unexplainably tasty cakes.
Now to the pink velvet cake, mom had intended to make strawberry cakes, but the addition of buttermilk gave her recipe a wonderfully soft and velvety texture that we were forced to name it the Pink Velvet cake – a twist to the original red velvet cake with a strawberry flavor. This cake can be frosted with cream cheese frosting / butter cream frosting to make a pink,cute girl themed cake..
As for the recipe, The recipe is similar to my butter cake recipe except for the flavor and addition of butter milk. Off to the recipe,
- Flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Egg – 1 (room temperature)
- Butter – 25 gms (room temperature)
- Vegetable oil – 3/4 cup
- Butter milk – 1 cup
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Baking powder – 1.5 tsp
- Strawberry essence – 2 tsp
- Pink food color – 1/4 – 1/2 tsp (As required)
Niznaz notes – Add food color according to the quantity of the color required for your cake. I used the liquid food color – rouge (Foster clarks brand).
- Sift together the flour – 1 cup, salt – 1/4 tsp , baking powder – 1.5 tsp and set aside
- In a bowl, mix together egg and sugar – 1 cup until creamy. To this add the strawberry essence and the pink color.
- Add the butter and mix again. To this, add the vegetable oil and mix well until well combined.
- Now slowly fold in the flour -salt-baking powder mix and the butter milk alternatively. Do not overmix. Batter is ready.
- Pour the batter into a lined cake tin and bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes at 180 degrees or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Rest is absolute indulgence. Enjoy….
Love and Regards,