Traditional Kozhikoden Thattukada Style Pathris
This is a traditional Kozhikode recipe of Rice flour pooris. This tastes like the authentic pathri which you get in tea shops in the Malabar area especially at Kozhikode.
I am thankful to Hafeela Thaju, my WhatsApp friend from Adukala Group for sharing the recipe.
The speciality of the pathri is that , it tastes great without curry . It can be had plain even with a glass of tea. Perfect for Ramadan.
Off to the recipe,
- 1. Pathal Podi – 2 cup (Amis)
- 2. Puttu Podi – 1 cup
- 3. Coconut – 1/2 cup
- 4. Small onion(shallots) – 5-6
- 5. Cumin – 1 tsp
- 6. Black cumin – 1 tsp (Kalonji)
- 7. Salt – As needed
- 8. Water – As needed to make a smooth dough.
- 9. Oil – To fry
- Grind coconut, shallots, cumin to a coarse paste.
- Make a thick and smooth dough of pathal podi, puttupodi, salt, black cumin, water and the coconut paste.
- Roll the dough into medium thick discettes , cut them using a round shaped cutter and deep fry in medium hot oil.
Serve with any non veg curry or as it is with tea.
Love and Regards,