Potato Arbi (Chemb) Baaji/Ishtoo
Easy and creamy Baaji with a combination of potato and arbi
I am sharing here a simple recipe of the potati arbi stew/baaji which is lovingly called as the ishtoo back home. This is the actual recipe of the potato baaji with a small twist where we add small pieces of arbi to it which entirely changes the texture and flavor of the baaji. Addition of Arbi gives a magical taste to the baaji which is rich, creamy and flavorful. Nothing much to say other than the important fact that it is my dear mother in law’s recipe and her preparation the last time she came to visit us. Only the photo credits to me. .. 🙂
Off to the recipe,
- Potato -2 cut into medium sized pieces
- Arbi - 2 medium sized ones cut into bite size pieces
- Onion - 1
- Chilly - 5
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Water * - 2 cups approx.
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Oil - As needed
- salt -To taste
- Ginger - small piece chopped
*- Water enough to cover the potato and arbi.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Splutter mustard seeds.
- Add 1 sliced onion , a small piece of chopped ginger and saute well.
- Add 5 sliced chillies, curry leaves and saute well.
- Add the potato, arbi and add water approximately until it covers the top of the veggies. Add turmeric powder.
- Close the lid and cook for 4 whistles.
Serve hot with pooris/chapathis/dosa/ any roti of your choice.
Love and Regards,