Deep fried crispy soya chunks
A fan of Soya chunks? Yes….. Oh come on, give me a high five!! We all belong to the same group. Not a great fan??? Oh…I bet you will make this again just for the crispy crunchy bite of protein again.
I am called the Soya girl of my family. My cousins know that better and I can visualize my cousins giggling reading this. Just for the fact that I love Soya soo much and this was the first thing that I learned to cook right from my preteens and still cooking, I am being called so. Give me everyday and I can eat it with no complaints… That is SOYA for me. This is a replica of my Chicken Red Stones recipe , but the vegetarian version of it.
Off to the recipe,
- Dry Soya Chunks – 1.5 cup
- Salt – To Taste
- Egg – 1
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 2 tsp
- Chilly powder – 1 tbspn
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp (1/2 squeezed)
- Corn flour – 1 tbspn
- Green chilly sauce – 1 tbspn (Optional)
- Red food Color – A pinch (Optional)
- Water – As needed to soak soya
- Oil – To fry
- Boil water in high flame and add the dry soya chunks to it .
- Reduce the flame wait for a couple of minutes. Switch of the flame and close it with a lid for 5-10 minutes.
- The dry soya will become double in size (2.5 – 3 cups). Squeeze the excess water and allow it to drain.
- Make a thick marinade of all the ingredients from 2 – 9 adding drops of water.
- Marinate the soaked and squeezed soya in the marinade prepared for 15 minutes to 1 hour.
- Deep fry in hot oil.
- Serve hot.
Ready to Serve – Crispy and Crunchy Soya Fry.