A Malabar delicacy where flour crepes dipped in egg are filled and layered with meat masala.
This is an ultimate Malabar delicacy similar to the Italian Lasagna. The procedure is completed . But it can be made in a breeze when the filling is made ahead. And the steps go like this.
1. Crepes made of flour. 2. Then those soft melt in mouth crepes are dipped in beaten egg. 3. They are layered in a preheated well greased non stick pan. 4. Spicy chicken/meat fillings are stuffed in between each layers. 5.And baked on stove top/ oven for 40 minutes.6. It is cut into triangles (any desired shapes)and enjoyed.
Off to the recipe:
FOR THE CREPES:
- 1. Maida / All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Salt – As needed
- Egg – 1
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/2 – 1 cup
FOR THE MASALA:
- Meat Masala – 12-15 Tbspn
- You will be needing 2-3 tbspns of meat filling for each layers
- For Recipe, Check the link http://cuizinedehaza.com/meat-masala/
- 1. Eggs – 3
- 2. Coriander leaves – 2-3 tbspn chopped
TO BAKE :
1. Ghee – 2 tbspn
METHOD (Pre Preparation):
- Make the meat filling and keep aside.
- Make a batter of all the ingredients under “For the Crepe” and set aside. The batter should be of dosa batter consistency.
- Make 5-6 crepes in a non stick pan and set aside.
- Preheat a nonstick pan with lid for 3-5 minutes on stove top.
- Pour 2-3 tbspn of ghee in the preheated non stick pan . Throw in a few chopped coriander leaves.
- Dip one crepe in the beaten egg, carefully place the crepe on the pan.
- Put 2-3 tbspn of meat filling on top.
- Then dip another crepe in egg and place it on top of the filling.
- Again Put 2-3 tbspn of meat filling on top of the rice crepe.
- Repeat the layers.
- Finally pour the remaining of the beaten egg on top. Close the lid. Keep flame to the lowest and cook covered for 15-20 minutes.
- Gently flip the chattipathri on to a plate.
- Then flip it again on top of the pan and cook on low flame again covered for 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully flip it on a bigger plate with the coriander leaves on top.
- Cut into desired shapes and serve hot.
This is a filling appetizer/ dinner item. Perfect to break your fast. Enjoy.
Love and Regards,