An easy to make veg sandwich with a crunch in every bite which has a punch in flavor
Be it cravings or lazy days, Veg Sandwich is the best!!!Everyone has lazy days , and veg sandwich is one such dish which you make. Keep all ingredients nearby, assemble them and voila your veg sandwich is done. The greatest advantage – Healthy intake of all veggies. Another one, A great one to eat on the go or pack for your lunch box. My love for sandwiches started way back when I was a kid , when my dad used to make the cucumber tomato sandwich in buttered buns . I used to wait for the bun sandwich days and my dad would ask – How many for each ? And I would unhesitatingly say 2 for me. While only one would be quite filling as it is overloaded with vegetables. From that time, I am a great fan of sandwiches. This sandwich is one such of a kind.
Off to the recipe,
INGREDIENTS AT A GLANCE:
- Fresh Vegetable Slices (Cucumber, Tomato, Capsicum, Lettuce..) – 2-3 of each for each sandwich
- Cooked Potato slices- 3 slices per sandwich
- Coriander leaves – few chopped (Optional)
- Green chutney – 2 spoons per sandwich
- Tomato Ketchup -2 spoons per sandwich
- Mayonnaise/ Cheese spread – 2 tbspn per slice of bread/bun
- Salt – As needed
- Pepper – Sprinkle as per taste buds
- Chat Masala – Sprinkle as per taste buds
- Bun/Bread – 2 slices per sandwich
- Butter – 1 tsp per sandwich
Grind together a fistful of coriander leaves, 20-25 mint leaves (optional ), 4 green chillies, a small piece of ginger, salt, 1/4 tsp of chat masala, 1/2 lemon squeezed to a smooth paste.
- 1. Melt butter in a tawa and just griddle the bun/bread slices.
- 2. Apply Mayonnaise/ Cheese spread on the bun/bread.
- 3. Drizzle green chutney on the bread slices.
- 4. Keep a slice of the buttered, mayonnaise and green chutney applied bread.
- 5.Keep in the slices of cucumber , tomato , capsicum , lettuce etc.
- 6. Keep in the cooked potato slices.
- 7.Drizzle some tomato ketchup, sprinkle some chat masala, coriander leaves.
- 8.Cover in with another slice of buttered bread.
- 9. Give a gentle press with your hands / put in a sandwich maker for a couple of minutes.
Enjoy your cravings/lazy days..
Love and Regards