A delicious and flavorful chicken curry made with very less efforts.
Cuizine de Haza is coming up with a delicious one pot, NO SAUTE, no tomato , no ginger garlic chicken curry which needs only the time to cook . Perfect for lazy days, Perfect when you don’t feel like standing in the kitchen for long hours especially during summer and Ramadan.
The main ingredients are Coconut oil and Kashmiri Red chilly powder which gives it the amazing flavor which is surely a winner and you would make it again and again.
Off to the recipe,
- 1. Chicken – 500 g small /medium cuts
- 2. Salt – As needed
- 3. Turmeric powder – 3/4 tsp
- 4. Kashmiri Chilly powder – 3 tsp
- 5. Coconut oil – 3 tbspn +1 tbspn
- 6. Onion – 1 sliced
- 7. Green chillies – 3 sliced
- 8. Curry leaves – 2 springs
- 9. Coriander leaves – a fistful chopped
- 10. Water – 1.5 – 2 cups
- 1. In a nonstick pan/ clay pot add all ingredients – chicken,salt, turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilly powder , onion, green chillies, curry leaves 1 spring and coconut oil – 3 tbspn. Give a good mix with your hands. (If you want you can marinate it for 30 mins or more else proceed.)
- 2. Add water, give a good stir and cook covered in medium flame until the chicken is cooked.
- 3.Garnish with the remaining 1 tbspn coconut oil and 1 spring curry leaves.
- 4. Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves at the time of serving.
Serve with rice, ghee rice, appam, idiyappam, idly , dosa – Surely a winner.
NOTE : If you want a more spicier version – Replace 3 tsp kashmiri chilly powder with 2 tsp Kashmiri chilly powder and 1 tsp red chilly powder (2:1 ) or (1:2).
LOVE AND REGARDS,