Caramel flavored easy to make Semiya Kheer / Payasam (However you want to call it….)
Today I am coming with a fantastic eid dessert recipe for all the lazy dessert makers out there like me.. Recipe Courtesy goes to Shinaz a beautiful friend from my dear Adukkala group. Thanks to Shinaz for the lovely recipe. Tasted Amazing and we all enjoyed it.
If you are lazy to make desserts for Eid after the hectic lunch preparation, then go ahead for this which is really a time and energy saver as well as wonderful on your taste buds.
Off to the recipe,
- Vermicelli/Semiya – 1 cup
- Butter/Ghee – 1 tbspn+1 tbspn
- Milk – 4 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup + 3 tbspn
- Milkmaid – 4 tbspn
- Salt – A pinch
- Cardamom powder – A pinch
- Nuts(cashew,almonds) – 1/4 cup fried
- Raisins – 1 tbspn fried
- Heat 1 tbspn of butter/ ghee in a nonstick pan. Roast the Vermicelli/Semiya.
- In the same pan boil 4 cups of milk and sugar until it reduces to 3/4.
- Add the roasted vermicelli and cook until done.
- In another pan make the caramel/toffee by melting 3 tbspn sugar and when melted add 1 tbspn of butter to it. Now lift the same pan , add 4 tbspn of milkmaid and stir continuously so that no clumps are formed.
- Add this toffee to the semiya milk and cook until your desired consistency. Add a pinch of salt and serve hot/cold. Both tastes awesome.
- Optionally, you can add a pinch of cardamom powder and ghee fried nuts on top for garnish.
Love and Regards,